The 3020 Transceiver Supply provides a highly reliable power source for Codan Transceivers operating at high duty cycle in voice and data modes.
The transceiver supply operates over a wide range of mains supply voltages, and is fully auto-ranging between 100 and 240 V nominal.
It is designed to withstand the toughest conditions by providing input protection against input mains voltage fluctuations that may vary outside normal tolerances, as well as output protection from over-load and short circuits, as well as automatic shutdown for over and under-voltage conditions.
The 3020 transceiver supply is small and lightweight, and withstands the toughest conditions by offering input, output and thermal protection.
The 3020 is capable of charging and maintaining an externally connected lead-acid battery. When used with a code 702 kit, this facility provides a continuous supply to the transceiver in the event of a mains failure.
A Bi-Colour LED and green mains switch, mounted on the front panel, provides a clear indication of the 3020’s condition.
Low noise output
For best performance, HF transceivers require an extremely low noise power source so that receiver sensitivity is not degraded. The 3020 delivers less than 100 mV of ripple and noise.
100–240 V AC ±10% (50/60 Hz)
- Input VA 250 VA at 16 A DC output current
- Output voltage 13.8 V DC
16 A DC continuous duty to 60°C ambient
20 A DC peak speech
- Cooling Fan forced air, thermally controlled
- Size and weight 210 mm W x 230 mm D x 80 mm H; 1.9 kg
- Regulation Less than 0.1 V DC over no-load through to full load conditions for full input voltage range
- Mains connection Via IEC type socket at rear of unit
- 2-module clamp suitable for locking 3020 with another unit of compatible mechanical design
- Rack mounting frame (483 mm) for type 3020, iridescent black
- Box suitable for housing storage battery
- Cable kit for float charging lead-acid storage battery for uninterrupted supply
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.