THE SENTRY MESH 6161 IS THE ULTIMATE SOLDIER / SQUAD RADIO THAT DELIVERS PERFORMANCE, RANGE AND VERSATILITY IN A LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT, WEARABLE UNIT THAT MINIMISES SOLDIER BURDEN
The Sentry Mesh 6161 is a Software Defined Radio based on our highly robust MANET waveforms that have been proven in applications from Special Forces to Unmanned Systems and Covert Operations. The MeshUltaTM waveform combines efficient use of bandwidth with superior LPI/LPD performance to maximise voice and data communication effectiveness in contested environments.
The standardised design of the 6161 ensures that it can be integrated with a large range of accessory devices such as audio, data, power solutions, and antennas to address current and future soldier system needs.
The Sentry Mesh 6161 features a compact, light, ergonomic construction which is designed to integrate with soldier systems, including Power and Data distribution systems, minimising cabling complexity and removing the need for a dedicated battery.
SUPPORTED COMMUNICATION MODES
The Sentry Mesh 6161 radio provides high quality simplex and full duplex digital voice and high speed IP data capabilities over a robust, self-forming and self-healing wireless network. Voice communications via single or multiple simultaneous talkgroups is fully supported through preset configuration and the dual PTT capability. Data rates of up to 44.9 Mbps are achievable providing the possibility for a wide range of data applications like sensors and video streaming, greatly enhancing the operational picture.
SOLDIER AND FUTURE PROOF
The modular and standards-based design of the Sentry Mesh 6161 radio means that it can be easily integrated with MOTS and COTS equipment such as conformal RF and GPS antennas, power systems, cameras and end user devices, facilitating a huge range of deployment configurations. The 6161 radio is a full MIL spec, waterproof design, ensuring that it can operate reliably in the harshest conditions.
Designed to IP68 and comprehensive MIL-STD-810H standards, the Sentry Mesh 6161 is built to last in all conditions.
The Sentry Mesh 6161 sets the standard with a weight of less than 450g, excluding accessories.
The highly optimised design of the Sentry Mesh 6161 has resulted in an extremely compact and ergonomic form factor.
Ease of Use
With the embedded web-based configuration tool and simplified controls on the Sentry Mesh 6161 radio unit, ease of configuration and use is assured.
Security of voice and data communications is assured through the FIPS 140-2 certified AES-256 bit encryption, with AES-128 bit encryption also available.
The MeshUltraTM MIMO MESH waveform maximises throughput and optimises spectrum utilisation along with superior LPI/LPD performance in contested environments.
With its embedded GPS receiver and direct compatibility with applications such as ATAK (Android Team Awareness Kit), the Sentry Mesh 6161 can support situational awareness capabilities.
- MECHANINICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Waveforms MeshUltra™-X soldier waveform (up to 144 nodes, 0.25 to 10 MHz BW)
- Talkgroups Up to 32 simultaneous per frequency
- Vocoder CODEC2
- Network Size Up to 144
- Data Throughput 44.9 Mbps maximum, dependent upon number of active nodes, settings and channel conditions
Wide range DC supply input (9 - 17 VDC)
Power Consumption 6W typical
- Battery Life Up to 18 Hours typical with UBBL35 Conformal Battery
- GPS Internal receiver (GPS, GL ONASS and Beidou). Antenna external (SMB connector)
- Compliance MIL-STD 461G, Australian RCM, IEC62368
Headset (2-channel, dual PTT support)
Power & data - USB 3 (12-pin ODU AMC High-Density connector), NetWarrior (NATO AEP-4695) via adaptor RF (TNC x 2)
USB and Ethernet
Pre-set Talkgroup / Power / EMCON / Zeroise (multifunction rotary control)
Volume up/down (pushbutton)
- Indicators One LED (Power I Network / BITE status)
- Frequency Bands 1.2 to 1.7 GHz (L Band variant). Other bands available upon request
- Bandwidth 1.25 MHz, 1.5 MHz, 1.75 MHz, 2.5 MHz, 3 MHz, 3.5 MHz, 5 MHz, 6 MHz, 7 MHz, 8 MHz, and 10 MHz
- Power Output Programmable, up to 2 x 1W per channel (2W total)
- Size 100 x 75 x 29mm, excluding connector protrusions
- Weight 430g, excluding cables
Operational: -30 to +45°C
Storage: -50 to +80°C
- Ingress Protection IP68
- Military Standards MIL-STD-810H (high temperature, low temperature, shock, vibration, altitude, dust, humidity, salt fog, fungus, contamination by fluids)
- Environmental Protection RoHS Compliant, RoHS3 (EU 2011/65-EU), REACH
- MTBF 110,000 hours
- MMTR Less than 10 minutes
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.