The 3040 Automatic Whip Antenna is a low profile antenna, providing a mobile antenna solution for all Codan high frequency radios.
The 3040 has a combination of fast tuning, compact form factor, and rugged construction, all contributing to a state of the art mobile antenna tuner product.
It has a 125 W RF power handling capability and can be used for voice and data operation over the full 2 to 30 MHz frequency band. The tuner has tune from memory time of less than 200 mS with unlimited memory capacity, with new frequencies typically tuned in less than one second. The extremely fast tuning capability and optimised antenna efficiency ensures maximum system readiness and is always available to the operator.
Built to withstand the severe conditions that are often experienced in mobile high frequency radio deployments.
Protected by a lightweight composite shroud and vibration absorbing mount, compliant to MIL-STD-810F for temperature, immersion, vibration and dust ingress.
Ease of use
The control interface is fully integrated with Codan HF transceivers so that tuning is transparent to the operator.
Receiver scanning, ALE (Automatic Link Establishment) and data are supported.
2.5 to 30 MHz (2.4 m, 7.9 ft Whip)
2 to 12 MHz (3.5 m, 11.5 ft NVIS)
- Power rating 125 W PEP (voice and data)
- Power consumption Typically 0.4 A, less than 0.8 A max
- Input impedance 50 Ω
- VSWR Typically ≤1.5:1
- Tuning speed New frequency 1 sec average, memory tune <150 ms
- Memory channels Unlimited
- Temperature rating -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F), 95% humidity
- DC operating range 11 to 15.5 V DC (12 V DC nominal)
- Protection Open circuit, short circuit, over voltage, over temperature, voltage transients, high VSWR
- MIL-STD 810F Temperature, Immersion, Dust, Vibration
- MIL-STD-461 Designed to standard
- Dimensions 147 mm W x 167 mm D x 240 mm H; 5.8” x 6.6” x 9.4” (excludes spring and whip)
- Weight 3.15 kg (6.9 lbs) including spring and whip
- Mounting M14 stud, 40 mm (1.6”) long
- Colour Black
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
Codan’s Patrol 2110M Manpack is a reliable and rugged tactical solution for your portable long distance HF secure voice and data communications needs.View product