The 3046 is a low profile, 125 W HF antenna tuning unit designed to deliver high performance and reliability.
The 3046 provides high speed and efficient tuning of short and long whip antennas across the full operational HF band. The innovative circuit design ensures power delivery to the antenna is maximised, and receive mode performance is optimised by the internal receive mode amplifier. The control interface of the 3046 is fully integrated with Codan’s HF transceivers so that tuning is transparent to the operator. These features combine to provide an easy-to-use, trouble-free, high performance mobile antenna solution.
The 3046 is offered with a 3 m carbon fiber MIL spec whip antenna, MIL spec rubber spring and NATO hole pattern base. The 3 m whip can be configured for NVIS operation using the tie down kit included and can also be extended to 7 m with the 3 section Extension and Guy Kit for semi-permanent stationary use. An additional antenna accessory is the 9 m tactical long wire kit designed to attach directly to the NATO base stud.
125 W RF power handling capability and data operation over the full 2 to 30 MHz frequency band.
Compliant to MIL-STD-810G for dust and vibration and is waterproof to 1 m as per IP68 Standard.
Control interface is fully integrated with Codan’s HF transceivers so that tuning is transparent to the operator.
A wide range of mounting options to best suit your chosen installation method.
- Frequency range 2 to 30 MHz (using 3 m or 7 m MIL spec whip or 9 m long wire antenna)
- Power rating 125 W PEP
- Power consumption Typically 400 mA, less than 0.8 A maximum
- Input impedance 50Ω
- VSWR Typical ≤1.5:1
- Tuning speed New frequency <1 second average, memory tune <150 ms
- Memory channels Unlimited (unique non-linear memory allocation)
- DC operating range Codan transceiver (12 V nominal)
- RF connector N-type socket
- Control 6 pin bayonet (MIL spec)
- Temperature -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F), 95% humidity
- Protection Open Circuit, Short Circuit, Over Voltage, Over Temperature, Voltage Transients, High VSWR
- Environmental MIL-STD-810G (Dust, Vibration) Immersion to IP68
- EMC Designed to MIL-STD-461
- Dimensions 340 mm L x 210 m W x 95 mm H (13.4 in L x 8.3 in W x 3.7 in H)
- Weight 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
- Colour White or olive drab green
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
Codan’s Patrol 2110M Manpack is a reliable and rugged tactical solution for your portable long distance HF secure voice and data communications needs.View product