The 3046 is a low profile, 150 W HF antenna tuning unit designed to deliver high performance and reliability in the world's harshest environments.
With up to 150 W RF power handling capability, the 3046 can be used for voice (including frequency hopping) and data operation over the full 2 to 30 MHz frequency band. The tuner has an unlimited tune from memory capacity, and using a state-of-the-art tuning algorithm, new frequencies are tuned in typically less than one second.
The 3046’s innovative circuit design ensures power delivery to the antenna is maximised, and receive mode performance is optimised by the internal receive mode amplifier. These features combine to provide an easy-to-use, trouble-free, high performance mobile antenna solution.
The 3046 is offered with a 3 m carbon fiber MIL spec whip antenna, MIL spec rubber spring and NATO hole pattern base also with a compatible vehicle mounting bracket optional accessory. The 3 m whip can be configured for NVIS operation using the tie down kit included and can also be extended to 7 m with the 3 section Extension and Guy Kit for semi-permanent stationary use. An additional antenna accessory is the 9 m tactical long wire kit designed to attach directly to the NATO base stud.
150 W RF power handling capability and data operation over the full 2 to 30 MHz frequency band.
Compliant to MIL-STD-810G for dust and vibration and is waterproof to 1 m as per IP68 Standard.
Control interface is fully integrated with Codan’s HF transceivers so that tuning is transparent to the operator.
A wide range of mounting options to best suit your chosen installation method.
- Frequency range 2 to 30 MHz (using 3 m or 7 m MIL spec whip or 9 m long wire antenna)
- Power rating Up to 150W PEP (refer to duty cycle specification)
RF duty cycle
Voice: 100% for up to 150W, across operational temperature range
Data: 60% for up to 125W and 45% for up to 150W, across operational temperature range
- Power consumption Typically 400 mA, less than 0.8 A maximum
- Input impedance 50Ω
- VSWR Typical ≤1.5:1
- Tuning speed New frequency <1 second average, memory tune <150 ms
- Memory channels Unlimited (unique non-linear memory allocation)
- DC operating range Codan transceiver (12 V nominal)
- RF connector N-type socket
- Control 6 pin bayonet (MIL spec)
- Temperature -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F), 95% humidity
- Protection Open Circuit, Short Circuit, Over Voltage, Over Temperature, High VSWR
MIL-STD-810G (Dust, Vibration)
Immersion to IP68
- EMC Designed to MIL-STD-461
- Dimensions 340 mm L x 210 m W x 95 mm H (13.4 in L x 8.3 in W x 3.7 in H)
- Weight 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
- Colour White or olive drab green
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
Codan’s Patrol 2110M Manpack is a reliable and rugged tactical solution for your portable long distance HF secure voice and data communications needs.View product