The 3048 Tuned Dipole is a HF antenna solution designed for base station use.
Codan's 3048 antenna system comprises a main tuner unit and antenna element assembly mounted on top of a 6 m mast. A control cable and coaxial cable run down from the tuner unit to an interface box mounted at the base of the mast. The interface box provides connection points for the transceiver antenna control, RF cables and ground connection.
The 3048 has a significantly reduced installed footprint when compared to wire broadband antennas, which is especially suitable for installations where space is restricted.
125 W RF power capability that can be used for voice (including frequency hopping) and data operation over the full 2.5 to 30 MHz frequency band. The 3048’s radiation pattern is essentially omni-directional with a combination of NVIS (Near Vertical Incidence Skywave) and medium distance propagation performance.
The high strength, lightweight alloy construction is designed to meet MIL-STD-810G for dust ingress, and are waterproof to 1 m as per IP67 standard.
Codan offers a dedicated 2 section, 6 m aluminum mast, complete with two guy sets, and installation hardware and instructions.
The tuner has an unlimited tune from memory capacity, and using a state-of-the-art tuning algorithm, new frequencies are tuned in typically less than one second.
- Frequency range 2.5 to 30 MHz
- Power rating 125 W PEP (voice and data)
- Power consumption Typically 0.4 A, less than 0.8 A max
- Input impedance 50 Ω
- VSWR Typically ≤ 1.5:1
- Tuning speed New frequency <1 sec average, memory tune <150 ms
- Memory channels Unlimited
- Temperature rating -30°C to 60°C
- DC operating range 10 to 16 V DC (12 V DC nominal)
- Protection Open circuit, short circuit, over temperature, voltage transients, high VSWR
- MIL-STD-810G Dust Ingress, Immersion (IP67)
- Dimensions Main tuner unit: 319 mm x 548 mm x 250 mm (includes antenna horns & mast spigot)
- Antenna elements Four 4.8 m long elements (each made up of 3 sections)
- Weight 11.5 kg (main tuner unit & interface box)
- Colour White
- RF connector UHF socket (interface box)
- Control 6 pin bayonet (MIL Spec)
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.