Codan’s rugged 3160 is reliable and easy to use Power Amplifier, which can boost the 2110M transceiver RF power to 125 W.
Codan's 3160 auxiliary Power Amplifier boosts the RF output power of the Codan 2110M transceiver from 25 to 125 W. The amplifier is suitable for both vehicular and base station configurations, and provides reliable and efficient full duty cycle operation for all modes, including voice, data and frequency hopping.
It operates over the full 1.6 to 30 MHz HF band with a maximum power output of 125 W PEP. The amplifier is rated for 100% duty cycle for voice and data transmissions while providing excellent power efficiency, which can be especially important in battery operated configurations.
Control parameters of the amplifier have been kept to a minimum and these are readily available to an operator from the front panel of the 2110M transceiver. In the event of a “jerk and run” scenario, the 2110M transceiver may be removed from the 3160 based system without any need for adjustment of settings. In addition, if there is an amplifier RF fault, the system will automatically switch to bypass mode to ensure communications continue.
Operates over the full 1.6 to 30 MHz HF band with a maximum power output of 125 W PEP.
The 3160 enclosure and connectors are fully waterproof and an optional shock mount plate is offered for installations where extremely high levels of vibrations may be encountered.
A comprehensive range of fault protection capability has been built in to the design of the amplifier including; over temperature, over voltage, reverse polarity, and antenna load fault conditions
The 3160 PA is effectively “plug and play” when used with the 2110M transceiver with the control parameters of the amplifier kept to a minimum.
- Frequency range Transmit: 1.6 to 30 MHz
125 W (100 W Option) PEP reducing with frequency to 95 W PEP at 30 MHz ±1 dB
CW or single tone: approximately 60% of PEP with average PEP control (average control disabled on handset PTT)
- Spurious and harmonic emissions Better than 60 dB below PEP
- Intermodulation 125/100 W: 26 dB below each tone 32 dB below PEP
- RF input/output impedance 50 Ω nominal (N-type)
- Duty cycle (100%) Normal speech over full temperature range. All data modes up to maximum ambient temperature of 45°C (113°F) with optional fan.
13.6 V DC nominal, negative earth
Normal operating range: 10.8 to 15 V DC, reverse polarity protected
- Overvoltage protection Shuts down at 16 V DC nominal for duration of over voltage
Output power: 125 W or 100 W
Two-tone or CW: 9 to 17 A
Receive: 65 mA
- Load protection Safe under all load conditions
- Temperature –40 to +70°C, full spec –30 to +60°C
- Environment MIL-STD-810F: Immersion, Low Pressure, Rain, Humidity, Fungus, Salt, Fog, Sand & Dust, Vibration, Shock
- Cooling Convection or fan
Power Amplifier (PA): 285mm W x 172 mm D x 77 mm H
PA with fan: 285 mm W x 172 mm D x 102 mm H
PA: 2.4 kg
Fan: 0.24 kg
PA mounting bracket: 0.4 kg
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Codan’s Patrol 2110M Manpack is a reliable and rugged tactical solution for your portable long distance HF secure voice and data communications needs.View product
3061 Power Amplifier
The 3061 power amplifier provides 500 W PEP output power suitable for voice and data operation.View product