Codan Communications’ mission is to deliver high-quality, performance-based training and essential support services that give customers the knowledge and skills to effectively operate and maintain their communications networks.
With a history of over 60 year’s commitment to customers, Codan Communications goes well beyond the production and sale of high quality tactical communications equipment. Operating in more than 150 countries, Codan has developed a global, highly responsive and capable support network that ensures the very best in before and after sales support and services. Codan offers a range of professional services for all tactical communications requirements.
Codan Communications Customer Support Life Cycle
Where others will ask to change a customer’s operating procedure to accommodate their radio systems, Codan starts by truly understanding the customer’s situation before assembling the solution that does the job required. The Codan Communications support life cycle includes services, training and support from initial discovery to deployment and beyond.
A radio system (or network) must address coverage issues, meet customer requirements, support legacy equipment and seize the opportunities of new technologies.
Key elements of Codan Communications Assessment and System Design Service are:
- Network planning and understanding your network requirements
- Offering potential savings on capital expenditure, by optimally positioning equipment
- Retaining and reusing legacy equipment (where possible) by interfacing them into the new network with our Radio Interoperability System (RIOS), which can reduce training requirements, maintain familiarity and enhance usability
- Frequency prediction to theoretically model coverage for the network and understanding the system objectives, requirements and identification of potential issues
- Site Surveys to ensure the agreed network design meets the coverage and mission or project requirements
- Planning the deployment of the network solution to enable seamless migration and risk mitigation to maintain network communications throughout the process. This process can be staged for optimum control.
Codan Communications will then design a bespoke proposal based on the functionality and performance requirements established during the consultation process.
Installation / Deployment
For many organizations, managing a system installation/deployment falls outside core business scope and represents a significant challenge. The technologies may be unfamiliar and the management activities may require resources that are unavailable within an organization.
Irrespective of project complexity or size, Codan can help accomplish installation/deployment objectives on time and within budget. Codan’s Project Management expertise reduces risks through every phase and results in a faster return on investment.
- The Codan Project Manager (PM) will have oversight of the entire project from site survey, installation and training to ongoing support. A project plan will be created with detailed equipment programming, installation, setup and training plan
- The PM will provide ongoing assessments and active addressing of learning objectives that are required for equipment setup and operations. Regular reporting (and meetings) with the customer on key activity to include network status, equipment fielding / installation, training, support documentation, scheduling, problem areas, potential solutions, future plans and any other significant matters.
Codan’s PMs have end-to-end support skills of systems that incorporates vehicle installation, HF/VHF/UHF, satellite, encrypted / unencrypted voice, data and IT networks. Their aim is to satisfy the customers’ requirements and understand the importance of working to critical deadlines.
Customer training is delivered by our Codan Certified Technical Staff who are professionals with extensive experience in tactical communications. A significant proportion of Codan front line staff are former defence or law enforcement veterans and, therefore, truly understand customers mission and project requirements.
Based on this experience, Codan Communications has developed in-house training courses using a systematic approach. This methodology ensures that training requirements are achieved:
- Through identification of performed tasks associated with each personnel role
- Easy-to-follow trainee materials and associated technical documentation
- In the most cost effective manner by offering a range of teaching environments, from local presence delivery in traditional classroom / workshop style or remote support versions.
Codan has state of the art facilities at our premises in Adelaide, Australia or in one of our regional training centres in Dubai, UAE or Washington DC, USA.
On-site training builds the confidence of personnel by improving their knowledge of system operation and skills in operating equipment. This has proven to enhance efficiency, performance and reduce equipment misuse and downtime.
Codan works closely with its customers to understand, design and implement the training solution to meet operational requirements. Codan training, therefore, consists of standard and bespoke courses that effectively deliver training and reinforce knowledge transfer with instructor-led training.
Click here for Codan Communication's Training options
Customer Service and Support
Support Services Agreement
Understanding the complexities involved in mission critical system performance to avoid potential problems is vital. Network requirements never remain the same over extended periods – making it paramount that mission critical communications networks can adapt over time. Network downtime greatly decreases efficiency, increases costs and amplifies the risk to staff.
Codan Communications works alongside customers to understand support requirements to select the right level. This enables:
- Protection of investment through access to new software features as they are developed
- Stability of your communications system infrastructure
- Hardware repair services that can extend the life of your infrastructure and devices.
Other support offered
- Codan Certified Service Centre: An in-countryfully accredited Codan Communications Service Centre can be established to carry out configuration, testing and repair of Codan products
- Codan Certified Field Service Representatives (FSR): Codan Communications have a number of Codan Certified FSRs imbedded within customer organizations worldwide. Codan FSRs conduct work as defined within the customers project, providing but not limited to site surveys, installation, training of customer personnel, trouble shooting, maintenance and essential mission support of the Codan systems. FSRs also allow for more robust overall control and oversight of the project and deliverables, ensuring sustainability of solutions over time.
On-line support is also available via our dedicated support portal to provide a variety of technical information that can be downloaded as required. Codan is committed to be on standby to assist wherever and whenever necessary.
Warranty, Service and Repairs
Codan Communications equipment is covered by an industry leading standard warranty. This is a hardware warranty for Codan manufactured products for three years due to manufacturer defects. Simply put, if a piece of Codan hardware becomes defective due to manufacturer defect, it will be repaired up to three years from purchase. Extended warranties are also available.
Our Return Material Authorization (RMA) process enables customers anywhere in the world to deliver their Codan products to one of our service centres for service and technical support.
All Codan Communications products are supported by a comprehensive supply of spare parts to maximise the operational life span. Codan’s policy on provisioning spare parts extends to not less than 5 years beyond the cessation of any products production.
Click here for Codan Communication's Warranty Policies