Codan's Solar Panel Power Supply Kit provides HF radio operating power and battery charging power solely from the sun’s solar energy.
The solar power kit enables the HF radio to be used and operated from a battery power source in remote locations for extended periods. This can be independent of any other generator or grid power source. The 300W solar panel solution provides sufficient charging performance to provide virtually indefinite operation of a battery powered 125W Codan HF radio systems for typical voice and data operation and sunlight conditions. This assumes 24 hour operation with a 9:1 TX:RX ratio and at least 3 hours of full sun per day.
The solar power kit and HF radio may be installed in remote places with minimal shelter from harsh environments including high heat, humidity and areas with wide diurnal temperature changes. The solar panel system has in built protection to ensure no damage occurs as a result of incorrect electrical connection or overload conditions.
- Solar panel
- Nominal power 100W
- Open circuit voltage 21.86V
- Short circuit current 6.10A
- Current at peak power 5.38V
- Ingress protection IP76
- Storage temperature range -20 to +60 °C
- Operating temperature range -20 to +60 °C
- Humidity rating 0 to 90% non-condensing
- Wind rating (panel and frame) 230km/hr
- Operational altitude Up to 2000m
- Non-operational altitude Up to 5000m
- Regulation voltage 14.1 V for 12V battery system
- Current consumption 10mA
- Output current 20A max
- Operating temperature range -40 to +85 °C
- Ingress protection IP54
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.