Codan's 3240 is an automatic antenna tuner developed to interface directly with Codan’s 3061 and 3062 HF power amplifiers.
The 3240 provides reliable, high performance tuned antenna solutions for land and sea deployment, at RF power levels up to 1 kW. The tuner has unlimited tune from memory capacity, and using a highly optimised tuning algorithm. New frequencies are tuned in typically less than 5 seconds, previously tuned frequencies are tuned within 150 mS. This means that HF systems using this tuner are fully compatible with high speed linking waveforms, such as 3G ALE.
The use of custom designed latching relays ensure that power draw when tuned is minimised, contributing to long term reliability, low noise and efficient use of energy.
With 1 kW RF power handling capability, the 3240 can be used for full duty cycle data and voice, including frequency hopping, over the full 2 to 30 MHz HF band.
Flexible Antenna Configurations
Antenna lengths as short as 5 m and from 10 m to 46 m are supported for 3-30 MHz and 2-30 MHz tuning ranges respectively.
The tuner has a separate rack mountable power supply unit which provides a power and control interface which will support cable lengths of up to 100 m.
The tuner housing is a rugged welded aluminium construction with high quality, marine grade paint that is available in haze grey, desert sand, or white finish.
Wire: 23 m to 46 m (75 to 150 ft) 2-30 MHz
Whip: 10 m (32 ft) 2-30 MHz
Whip: 5 m (16 ft) 3-30 MHz
- Power Rating 1 kW PEP and Average
- Duty Cycle Full voice and data
- Input impedance 50 Ω
- VSWR Typical ≤1.5:1
- Tune time Memory 150 ms, initial tune 5 sec (typical)
- Tune power 10 W nominal, 50 W max
- Memory Channels Unlimited
- Tune modes Fully automatic and memory
- RF connector type N-type socket
- Control connector type 10 pin military screw connector
- Auxiliary receive antenna connector type TNC
- Auxiliary receive antenna power 12 V DC, 1 A max
- Operational temperature -20°C to +55°C
- Finish Marine grade paint – haze grey/desert sand/white
- Enclosure Aluminium sealed to IP66
- Certifications CE for EMC, designed to meet MIL-STD-810G (with shock mount)
- Dimensions 350 x 380 x 330 mm
- Packed dimensions/weight 500 x 500 x 500 mm; 25 kg
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
3046 HF Antenna Tuner
The 3046 is a low profile, 150 W HF antenna tuning unit designed to deliver high performance and reliability in the world's harshest environments.View product
3042 HF Antenna Tuner
The 3042 is a low profile, 125 W HF antenna tuning unit designed to deliver high performance and reliability in the world’s harshest environments.View product
3061 Power Amplifier
The 3061 power amplifier provides 500 W PEP output power suitable for voice and data operation.View product