The Base Antenna Tuner has been designed for operating with most End-fed Long Wire and Whip Antenna systems in fixed land station applications.
The Tuned Long Wire Antenna is ideal for field crews who require an antenna that can be quickly and easily erected at temporary camp sites or similar locations. It may also be used in permanent installations where space is limited. The Antenna is supplied as a kit for installation and includes halyards, pulley, earth wire and strap, and a complete set of installation instructions.
Tuned Long Wire Antenna
The Tuned Long Wire Antenna may be used for either temporary or permanent fixed station installations, and is suitable for multi-frequency operation with most Transceiver systems with a Base Antenna Tuner.
Guyed Vertical Whip Antenna
The Guyed Vertical Whip Antenna is designed for installation on buildings or open ground and is suitable for most Transceivers operating with a Base Antenna Tuner.
Easy to Install and Operate
Housed in a weatherproof case, the Base Antenna Tuner is supplied complete with mounting bracket, 10 or 30 m control and coaxial cables (please specify when ordering), and an installation and operation handbook.
The Base Antenna Tuner features an in-built memory, which stores the tuning configuration used to tune a particular channel frequency. The tuning configuration can be accessed within 10 milliseconds when that channel is used again. The memory is capable of storing hundreds of individual tuning configurations.
- Base Antenna Tuner
- Tuned Long Wire Antenna
- Guyed Vertical Whip Antenna
- Power rating 125 watts (PEP) voice
- Size and weight 284 mm W x 70 mm D x 350 mm H; 3.5 kg
12 V DC nominal (supplied from the transceiver or power amplifier)
0.9 A nominal
- Input impedance 50 Ω, unbalanced
Length of antenna
Length of antenna feeder and earth connection – 3 m minimum (tuning range 3.3 to 30 MHz
Recommended maximum length – 15 m (tuning range 1.6 to 30 MHz)
Length of antenna may need to be varied slightly to cover all frequencies in use
- Operating temperature –35 to +70°C
- Antenna length Approximately 20 m (shorten as necessary)
- Material PVC coated multi-stranded steel wire
- Recommended height 12 m at the high end
- Frequency range 1.6 to 30 MHz, self-resonant at 7.5 MHz
- Antenna length 9.5 m
- Guy system One set of four glass fibre, vinyl covered, 4 mm diameter ropes, anchored on a radius of not less than 3 m from the antenna base; recommended tension is 4 kg
15-00406-001: 12.5 kg
15-00406-002: 8.5 kg
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
3042 HF Antenna Tuner
The 3042 is a low profile, 125 W HF antenna tuning unit designed to deliver high performance and reliability in the world’s harshest environments.View product