The NETNode RM is the 5th generation of DTC’s NetNode IP Mesh radio family, building on 15 years of end user feedback.
Conceived for dual mobile/stationary use in crewed/uncrewed vehicles and as a fixed-site infrastructure node, the RM’s highly practical and robust form factor allows long-term installation in almost any location under even the most extreme conditions.
RF power outputs ranging from 2W, 5W and up to the industry-leading 15W high power variant allow the RM to reliably cover previously unattainable ranges, perfectly suited to create ‘backbone’ coverage for an entire network or extreme range point to point links.
Four transmit/receive antenna ports giving diverse MIMO signalling means the RM offers DTC’s highest data rate of 87Mbps of real payload throughput, pushing signals beyond line of sight even in complex RF environments.
The component parts of the NetNode RM radios are available as OEM bare boards for platform integration.
The NETNode RM's deliberately simple form factor, rugged construction and refined ergonomics mean that one radio can be employed in a multitude of different use cases - the RM is equally viable permanently installed on a rooftop, mounted inside or outside a mobile asset or fulley integrated into an unmanned ground vehicle. Diverse connectivity connections and protocols allow the RM to be used equally well as an on the move voice communications radio as an infrastructure node permanently integrated with other data bearer systems.
The NetNode RM incorporates 4 antenna ports working in both transmit and receive mode allowing a multitude of different antenna configurations. Antennas can be manually installed in offset arrays, as panels facing in multiple directions or as a single MIMO solution.
With smart sensing, the RM is able to detect degraded antenna performance and automatically fail-over to a reduced capacity mode, ensuring that communications remain up even in the event of physical damage to the antenna array.
Coupled with the RM’s 15W of output power, this means communications can reach farther and be relied upon in the most austere conditions.
With its small form factor and designed for environmental resistance, the RM is suitable for installation both as a mobile and fixed site system, employed in terrestrial, airborne and maritime environments.
- Transmitter / Receiver
- Video / Audio / Data
- Electrical and Mechanical
- Power Output 4W
10-18VDC (12V nominal),
10-32VDC (28V nominal),
120W consumption for 15W variant
DES encryption (standard),
AES128 encryption (option),
AES256 encryption (option)
- RF Interfaces 4x N-Type (2xTX/RX, 2xRX)
- Power 2W, 5W & 15W per output
- Carrier Modulation BPSK/QPSK/16QAM/64QAM adaptive
- Tuning Step 125kHz
- Bandwidth 1.25 - 20MHz
- Sensitivity -98dBm
- Modulation COFDM 360 carrier modulation
SDI/HD-SDI BNC 75Ω
4 way Amphenol
SDI Input Formats
720x576i 50Hz or 720x480i 59.94Hz
- Encoder Delay 10ms – 1s (mode dependent)
- Composite Input Formats PAL / NTSC
AVC / H.264 / MPEG-4 Part 10
High profile level 4.0
- Data Configuration 1k2 to 115k2, 7/8 bit, no/odd/even parity
- Data Interfaces RS232 / RS485 / USB A / Ethernet
- Size (excluding protrusions) 160mm (H), 160mm (W), 70mm (L)
- Weight 2.5kg approx
- Temperature Range -20°C to +60°C
- Environmental Standards IP66 minimum
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
The SDR-H2 is a Handheld MANET Mesh Transceiver in a rugged “Soldier Radio” form factor. Offering a full 2 watts of output power and employing standard MBITR batteries and accessories, the SDR-H2 is…View product
The ENCIPHER is a dual HD video encoder designed for live video streaming and surveillance applications.View product
Mission Commander is a Windows-based software suite that allows manual and automated configuration, management and integration of DTC IP transmission equipment, video data and networked intelligent…View product
- NETNode2x2W-5RM Datasheet 373KB PDF
- NETNode2x5W-5RM Datasheet 372KB PDF
- NETNode2x15W-5RH Datasheet 371KB PDF
- NET Node2x2W-5RM-75500T datasheet 330KB PDF
- Codan - DTC MeshUltra trifold 4.9MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Military Unmanned Systems trifold 3.3MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Military Product Offering 30.0MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Airborne Communication Solutions Brochure 5.2MB PDF
- Codan - DTC OEM Products brochure 1.1MB PDF