The Semi-Delta Antenna is an economical broadband base station antenna suitable for short to medium distance HF communications.
Codan's Semi-Delta Antenna supports operation over the frequency range of 2 to 14 MHz, and is capable of full duty cycle voice and data operation at the rated power levels. The antenna is an omni-directional antenna but has a good combination of high and low angle radiation to support both NVIS and longer distance HF communications. The broadband design of the antenna eliminates the need for a separate antenna tuner unit, the antenna is connected to the transceiver via a single coaxial cable. Manufactured using materials designed for long service life, the Semi-delta is built to survive in harsh outdoor environments.
The compact design of the antenna makes it suitable for installations that have limited space available.
- Frequency Range 2 to 14 MHz
- Power rating 400 W PEP (240 W average) or 1000 W (600 W average)
- Nominal impedance 50 Ω
- VSWR Typically < 2.5:1
- RF connector type UHF-type (400 W), N-type (1000 W)
- Mast heights 15 m mast and 1.5 to 2 m stub mast
- Mast spacing 20 m
- Balun mounting 2 x U-bolts to suit 50 mm diameter tube
- Wind rating 160 km/hr, no ice
- Packed weight 8 kg (400 W), 11 kg (1000 W)
- Packed dimensions 880 mm x 340 mm x 100 mm (excluding mast hardware)
- Installation hardware Pulley/halyard suitable for a 15 m mast
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
CT15 Telescopic Mast
Codan's CT15 mast is a lightweight but robust telescopic mast solution designed for permanent or temporary installation.View product