The Semi-Delta Antenna is an economical broadband base station antenna suitable for short to medium distance HF communications.
Codan's Semi-Delta Antenna supports operation over the frequency range of 2 to 14 MHz, and is capable of full duty cycle voice and data operation at the rated power levels. The antenna is an omni-directional antenna but has a good combination of high and low angle radiation to support both NVIS and longer distance HF communications. The broadband design of the antenna eliminates the need for a separate antenna tuner unit, the antenna is connected to the transceiver via a single coaxial cable. Manufactured using materials designed for long service life, the Semi-delta is built to survive in harsh outdoor environments.
The compact design of the antenna makes it suitable for installations that have limited space available.
- Frequency Range 2 to 14 MHz
- Power rating 400 W PEP (240 W average) or 1000 W (600 W average)
- Nominal impedance 50 Ω
- VSWR Typically < 2.5:1
- RF connector type UHF-type (400 W), N-type (1000 W)
- Mast heights 15 m mast and 1.5 to 2 m stub mast
- Mast spacing 20 m
- Balun mounting 2 x U-bolts to suit 50 mm diameter tube
- Wind rating 160 km/hr, no ice
- Packed weight 8 kg (400 W), 11 kg (1000 W)
- Packed dimensions 880 mm x 340 mm x 100 mm (excluding mast hardware)
- Installation hardware Pulley/halyard suitable for a 15 m mast
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Envoy sets a new standard for HF radio – with second generation digital voice, software upgradability, remote IP control, multi-language User Interface and embedded modems options.View product
Sentry-H 6120-BM delivers 150 W of RF power without the added cost, weight and complexity typically found with a multi-role manpack radio design.View product
CT15 Telescopic Mast
Codan's CT15 mast is a lightweight but robust telescopic mast solution designed for permanent or temporary installation.View product
Codan’s sectioned base masts are designed to support wire antennae such as the Semi Delta, Terminated Folded Dipole and Tuned Long Wires.View product