The SDR-M is an ultra-light, ultra-compact software defined IP mesh radio, composed of an enclosed single board.
Refining the success of DTC's small-form factor SDRs, the SDR-M is SDR-C small-form factor SDR, the SDR-M is employable both as an integrated component part of UxVs and larger systems, and as a standalone radio used in primarily body-worn concealment scenarios.
Weighing just 60g, consuming only 3W of input power but delivering 200mW of output power, the SDR-M is ideal for size and weight critical UxV applications, offering the SWaP of a bare-board solution but housed in a practical, robust enclosure.
The SDR-M is available in OEM (bare board) format for platform integration as the D196x OEM board.
High Tech Simplicity
The SDR-M combines DTC's most cutting-edge technology, including the MeshUltra-XTM waveform allowing 144 nodes to operate in just 1.25MHz of bandwidth, with the practicality of a simple board self-contained solution.
The SDR-M contains DTC’s most advanced performance features including the MeshUltra-XTM high capacity in narrowband waveform and the cognitive IAS (Interference Avoidance Scheme).
Completely self-contained in dimensions of just 54mm x 50mm and weighing only 60g, the SDR-M has been designed for compatibility to even the most demanding of integration and installation requirements. High-strength horizontal mounting points with no external protrusions combined with top and bottom equidistant vertical connectors make installation of the SDR-M as space-efficient as possible.
Designed for Efficiency
The SDR-M has a wide input voltage range of 6 to 18V and consumes just 3W of power even in IP mesh mode, ideal for extended battery life in body-worn applications and for power-critical unmanned vehicle requirements.
- Transmitter / Receiver
- Audio / Data
- Electrical and Mechanical
- Power Output 400mW L-band, 200mW S-band
6-18VDC (12V nominal) via 4-way Molex connector,
3W typical power consumption
DES encryption (standard),
AES128 encryption (option),
AES256 encryption (option)
- RF Interfaces 2x MMCX (2xTX / RX)
200mW per output (L-band only),
100mW (+20dBm) per output, 200mW total
- Bandwidth 1.25 – 20MHz
- Carrier Modulation BPSK/QPSK/16QAM/64QAM adaptive
- Modulation COFDM 360 carrier modulation
- Tuning Step 125kHz
- USB1 Control and Download 5-way 1mm JST connector
- USB2 Control and Download 5-way 1mm JST connector
- GPIO 6-way 1mm JST connector
- Size (L & L/S Band) 54mm x 55mm x 11mm
- Weight (L & L/S Band) 62g
- Size (S Band) 54mm x 50mm x 11mm
- Weight (S Band) 60g
- Temperature Range -20°C to +50°C with additional cooling
- Humidity Less than 85% non-condensing
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Support & Downloads
- SDR-M Datasheet 252KB PDF
- Codan - DTC MeshUltra trifold 4.9MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Law Enforcement Solutions Brochure 10.2MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Commercial Unmanned Systems trifold 4.4MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Military Unmanned Systems trifold 3.3MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Robotics Communications Trifold 2.3MB PDF
- Codan - DTC Airborne Communication Solutions Brochure 5.2MB PDF
- Codan - DTC OEM Products brochure 1.1MB PDF