The DropCam is a mesh-enabled camera module which incorporates a Software Defined Radio, HD camera, microphone, flexible antenna pair and battery.
Video output is configurable as either HD or a standard definition windowed version of the video. SD video mode supports a solid state PTZ function by taking advantage of a 3x lossless digital zoom made possible by using the HD sensor as its source.
The DropCam-SDR can also be configured exclusively as a mesh relay node. When coupled with high gain antennas it allows the connection of remote nodes that would otherwise be outside the network’s RF coverage. This mode of configuration optimises battery life by switching off the internal video encoder and camera module.
Input and output triggers are also supported which allow the control of auxiliary systems. Telemetry control via the SDR's additional receiver as well as over-the-air programming and management of mesh nodes allows the DropCam to be used for covert surveillance or ad-hoc deployment for military or security applications, with the device able to be simply dropped and then remotely configured and managed.
With its internal software-defined radio (SDR), the DropCam is able to operate both as a mesh transceiver node and also a unidirectional COFDM transmitter, sending industry standard DVB-T or DTC's proprietary Narrowband and UMVL waveforms.
Housed in a rugged IP67 waterproof enclosure with a run time of 3 hours and weighing only 600g, the DropCam is ideal for a range of demanding tactical scenarios.
- Transmitter / Receiver
- Video / Audio / Data
- Electrical and Mechanical
132086 1.14-1.50GHz + 868MHz tel.
132091 1.14-1.50GHz + 915MHz tel.
201086 1.67-2.35GHz + 868MHz tel.
201091 1.67-2.35GHz + 915MHz tel.
234086 1.98-2.70GHz + 868MHz tel.
234091 1.98-2.70GHz + 915MHz tel.
470086 4.40-5.00GHz + 868MHz tel.
470091 4.40-5.00GHz + 915MHz tel.
575086 5.50-6.00GHz + 868MHz tel.
575091 5.50-6.00GHz + 915MHz tel.
- Power Output 2x100mW
- Power Input 8-18VDC reverse polarity protected
DES encryption (standard),
AES128 encryption (option),
AES256 encryption (option)
- RF Output Power 100mW per output, 200mW total
- Power Step 0.25dB incremental control
- Tuning Step 125KHz
- Sensitivity SDR receiver up to -110dBm, telemetry receiver -114dBm
- Streaming Output Single service (first received)
- External Camera Inputs IP, HD-SDI
- Video Encoding H.264
- Camera Sensor 3.1 megapixel CMOS
- Analogue Audio Output EXT-B Fischer
- Horizontal FOV 120°
- Data Configuration 1k2 – 115k2, 7/8 it, no/odd/even parity
- Data Interface Ethernet
- Camera Sensitivity <0.1 lux
- Size L135mm x W55mm x D55mm
- Temperature Range -20°C to +50°C
- Environmental Protection IP67
- Battery Run Time >2 hours continual use
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.