The SDR-U is a multi-role mesh transceiver with built-in amplifier, composed of one single board.
Designed with large-scale multi-role integration in mind, the SDR-U is rich in connectivity options including Ethernet, USB/RNDIS, RS232 / RS485 and analogue audio.
At just 15mm thick, weighing only 85g but with a full 1W of RF power, the SOL8SDR-U has the size and weight of an airborne SDR with the power of a terrestrial node.
The Heart of Integration
The SDR-U is designed to be the core of a wide range of systems. In legacy radio boards, twin 1W transceiver capability meant the use of bulky separate amplifiers, complex and fragile cabling and mounting requirements, and multiple boards vulnerable to obsolescence issues and difficult maintenance and integration. The SDR-U incorporates all the functionality of DTC's high performance Software-Defined Radios with a full 2W of output power on one single board measuring just 10mm thick.
The SDR-U packs a wide range of interface options into a single board, with 7 individual connectors including RS232, Ethernet, twin USB ports, RNDIS USB, support for 3G/4G, WiFi & Bluetooth peripherals and analogue audio I/O. Able to operate both as a mesh transceiver and also unidirectional transmitter/receiver, the SDR-U supports industry-standard DVB-T as well as DTC's high performance narrowband COFDM waveform.
Industry Leading SWaP (Size, Weight & Power)
The SDR-U weighs just 85g and measures 10mm x 95mm x 60mm - the thickness of a pencil and the width of a US dollar bill.
With an input voltage range of 8 to 17.5V and consuming just 10W even in IP mesh mode, the SDR-U functions as the communications core of other platforms without costing unmanageable power overheads. Two different power input ports, including USB PD (USB-C), ensure that the SDR-U is not only efficient but easy to power from a multitude of sources.
- Transceiver / Receiver
- Audio / Data
- Electrical and Mechanical
- Power Output 2W
8-17.5VDC (12V nominal) via 4-way JST connector or USB-PD,
10W consumption in IP mesh mode, 14W in COFDM unidirectional TX mode
DES encryption (standard),
AES128 encryption (option),
AES256 encryption (option)
- RF Interfaces 2x MMCX (2xTX / RX)
- Power 1W (+30dBm) per output, 2W total
- Carrier Modulation BPSK/QPSK/16QAM/64QAM adaptive
- Modulation COFDM 360 carrier modulation
- Tuning Step 125kHz
- Bandwidth 1.25 – 20MHz
- Sensitivity Up to -110dBm
- USB1 Control and Download 5-way 1mm JST connector
- USB2 Control and Download USB-C
- Analogue Audio 6-way 1mm JST connector
- RS232 3-way 1mm JST connector
- Gigabit Ethernet 8-way 1mm JST connector
- GPIO and Power Out 6-way 1mm JST connector
- Data Configuration 1k2 to 115k2, 7/8 bit, no/odd/even parity
- Data Interfaces RS232 / USB A / Gigabit Ethernet
- Size (excluding protrusions) 10mm (H), 60mm (W), 95mm (L)
- Weight 85g
- Temperature Range -20°C to +55°C with additional cooling
- Humidity Less than 85% non-condensing
Values noted are typical. Equipment descriptions and specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.